As a company spanning over 50 countries around the world, we are witnessing the widespread effect of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are dedicated to minimizing the spread of this global pandemic. As such, the following procedures have been put in place and are effective immediately:
- All business travel has been suspended including meetings, conferences, tradeshows, events, etc. for the immediate future.
- Cancellation/postponement of the following MEDISCA and LP3 Network Training Activities:
- 10th Annual Student Pharmacist Compounding Competition (SPCC), Florida: March 14-15: Canceled
- Non-Sterile Training, Montreal, QC: March 13-15: Canceled
- Non Sterile Training, Richmond, BC: March 20-22: Canceled
- Non-Sterile Training, Florida: April 17-19: Canceled
The same training activities and the entire LP3 Network training catalogue will be available as of May 2020. (See https://www.lp3network.com/calendar)
Similarly, all LP3 Network trainings offered via Medisca Australia currently remain available as posted on their site (https://www.medisca.com.au/healthcare-courses). The upcoming Nutraceutical course in April is currently under evaluation and registrants will be notified of any changes.
LP3 Network has swiftly taken action and contacted all participants registered to the canceled training programs in March and April ensuring a solution has been provided for future enrollments and credits on file extended until December 2020. For any additional information, certainly contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-408-9453.
- Outside sales representatives will conduct business from home to provide support for their customers and avoid visiting pharmacies in person.
- Heightened restrictions for visitors to our locations worldwide, relying heavily on teleconferencing to conduct business.
- Enhanced daily professional cleaning of all common areas in MEDISCA facilities
- Providing necessary resources to our team to encourage continuity of work in case of voluntary quarantine.
We recognize that these cancellations and changes will inconvenience many of our customers and we sincerely apologize for the disruption. As we continue to put the health and safety of our team, customers, and pharmacies as our first priority, we ask for your patience and cooperation in working to end this pandemic.
We appreciate you choosing MEDISCA as your compounding partner and would like to honor that relationship by continuing to supply you with high-quality products throughout this crisis. Although some products are in shortage industry-wide, we are working to minimize supply chain issues and would ask that you place orders based on your current needs and typical inventory flow. Please note that some items (like facemasks, 70% IPA) are out of stock or in short supply but inventory is being replenished. We will continue to closely monitor the shortages and keep you informed of any updates.
We would also like to provide your pharmacies with resources and services that may enhance your ability to serve in this time of need. Compounding can offer relief and stability during traditional drug shortages and MEDISCA can help formulate alternative options for all wellness needs, including sanitizing, nutraceutical and medication needs. Please contact MEDISCA Network for ideas as your resource to formulas that could benefit your community and improve the overall health of your patients. Visit our page for available sample formulas to assist you in this time of need https://www.medisca.net/technical-services/tss/shortage-support or call us at 1-866-333-7811 for any additional support.
Product and Packaging Safety
We have received several questions regarding the possibility of the virus spreading via product surfaces or packaging, and would refer you to statements made by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO):
“In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very, very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures.”
- Dr. Nancy Messonnier, CDC Director for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, 26 February 2020
“The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.”
- WHO Website “Q&A on Coronavirus (COVID-19)”, 9 March 2020
MEDISCA is the leader in providing turnkey solutions to the pharmaceutical compounding industry and allied health care professionals worldwide. Through its global partners, LP3 Network and MEDISCA Network, MEDISCA is committed to being a complete resource for prescribers, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians engaged in personalized medicine by offering educational trainings, products, and support. Founded in 1989, the company has locations in Canada, the United States and Australia, optimizing its service to the international market. For more information about MEDISCA, please visit www.medisca.com and follow us on Twitter at @medisca.